Thursday, March 31, 2011

March Munch

I figured I would dust off the 'ol blog for my final post of March. (Yep, a quarter of the year is gone already.)

Opening Day
It's the start of a long season for baseball fanatics, with some of the action kicking off today. I'll hold my excitement until Friday, when the Twins get rolling. The Collegian sports staff discussed every crevasse of this year's squad Wednesday night. (A replay is located here.) Hopefully, the Twins will play decent to start the season, decent enough to stay in the AL Central race and that is something that they have done in the past. Nearly every pitcher in the bullpen will have to step up and be consistent. I can't guess who will step up for the Minnies and Pauls at the plate, but someone will. My early shot at it: Denard Span.

Fluke Four
Maybe it is a fluke that both Butler and VCU are in the Final Four but as a basketball fan, I love it. I wish that the two teams weren't playing in the semifinals but what can you do? I like Butler and Brad Stevens. I will not pick against them until they lose and then if they lose, I won't be able to pick them anyway.
Kentucky making the Final Four reminds me how they have always been a favorite team of mine. Yes, that slime-bag John Calipari is their coach but I have always been fan of their history and teams. Then again, I picked UCONN to get this far and that is basically because Kemba Walker is a stud. I'll stick with the Huskies to make the title game. I don't feel like making a title choice yet but my heart wants Butler to win it.

Leftovers
  • If you didn't catch my story on former Jordan grad and Gopher Tyler Oakes, check it out. He's the Jackrabbits' new pitching coach this season. 
  • I should be upset about the Mass Communications department decision to outlaw electronics use during class, but the policy is pretty much common-sense. Well said, Collegian editorial board.
  • Winter will be over eventually. I'm sure of it.
  • I have weeks when I don't have any homework and then I have a three day span where I get ambushed by homework. Welcome to college, huh?
  • Count me in as one who is excited for the Frozen Four next week. UMD, North Dakota, Notre Dame, Michigan should be fun to watch from St. Paul.
Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment