Sunday, March 6, 2011

Day 2: Final Thoughts

Over half of the games are done, but my workload is not decreasing because both Jackrabbit teams are advancing to Monday's semifinals. Anyway, here's some thoughts on what transpired during Sunday's slate of games.
  • Oakland held down Southern Utah. I couldn't believe that. I had Southern Utah as my dark horse but I didn't think that Pascucci would be held to one point.
  • The SDSU women looked more timid to open the game than the Bison did. That quickly passed though after NDSU couldn't buy a bucket for about seven minutes.
  • NDSU coach Carolyn DeHoff pointed out something that I hadn't noticed with this Jackrabbit women's team: One strong run is enough to fuel them for the whole game if they can stay up and use it. That really has been the case a lot this year.
  • Opponents try to feed off of the full house too when playing SDSU. I thought NDSU and IPFW were able to do that for a while in each of their games.
  • John Peckinpaugh was begging for a technical all game. I'm sorry but you can't chirp away at the officials all night and expect them to do whatever you say.
  • I agree with Dane Fife that the officials have to make sure of their calls in the postseason. I believe him when he said that Trey McCorkle wouldn't intentionally foul anyone. But, that was the right call and the replay shows it was correct. Good use of the monitor to get it right.
  • Nate Wolters goes for 30 in the quarterfinals. What will he have to do to get SDSU past Oakland and into the finals?
  • Leroy Nobles is a scoring machine. Ron Hunter yells a lot.
  • It's funny how quickly the Sioux Falls Arena can clear out for the night cap.
  • I got to see an ejection, so that was cool. My first one witnessed this year.
  • UMKC has a lot of talent on their team and could be a team to look out for next year. 
What a day of games set for tomorrow, should be great. Join us tomorrow for more Summit League Tournament Coverage.

No comments:

Post a Comment