Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Welcome

The title says it all. Welcome to my new blog, which will be a work in progress until I find what I like. Until then, I'll tell you a little about myself.

I'm a freshman Journalism major at South Dakota State University in Brookings, S.D. I write for SDSU's newspaper, The Collegian and serve as the Assistant Sports Editor. Many of my blog posts will be Jackrabbit-centric but there will be a certain focus on Minnesota sports, as that is my homeland. One can probably venture a guess that my topics will fly all over the place as well.

I'll try to stay with this blog at least every other day, if not more often.

So now that you know a little about me, I'll jump into a little Jacks coverage.

It's all about basketball squads, who have wrapped up their home season and will hit the road for their final three games.

The men (17-9, 9-6 Summit) sit in fifth place and will play fourth-place IPFW Thursday night. SDSU stunned the Mastodons with a blowout win earlier this season but I don't think the margin will be near the same. IPFW has strong players, led by Ben Botts and Frank Gaines, each scoring 14 points per game. The two teams are also the top two squads in the Summit League in turnover margin.
If it makes a difference, IPFW is 10-2 in home games this year (losses to Oakland and IUPUI).

Both the men and women will be Rochester, Mich., for a doubleheader against Oakland on Saturday and both squads will try to atone for prior losses. More on that in the next few days.

If you've made it this far, you must be somewhat interested in me as a writer. Go ahead and check out sdsucollegian.com/sports or my Twitter page at http://twitter.com/marcustraxler

No comments:

Post a Comment